The Poke Bowl is all the rage ATM! Essentially a deconstructed sushi roll, taking the fiddly mess out of making sushi here we have also reduced the carbohydrate amount for lighter training days. Light, Fresh & Delicious!
1 packet (250g) tempeh, sliced thin
1 large cauliflower head, cut into chunks
1 cup sushi or short grain white rice (cooked)
1 tsp olive oil
1 large cucumber, spiralised or thinly sliced
2 medium fresh peeled beetroot, spiralised or grated
1 medium avocado, sliced
4 nori sheets
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp tamari
4 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp black sesame seeds
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, place sliced tempeh in the pan and brown on each side, then put aside.
- In the meantime, make your dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined then put aside.
- Put the cauliflower chunks in a food processor (reverse blade if you have a thermomix) and chop until it resembles rice (~1min).
- Grab the pan you browned the tempeh on and add 1tsp of olive oil, when hot add the cauliflower rice and cook stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is slightly softened (~5min). Add the cooked sushi rice to the cauliflower rice and heat through.
- Prepare your poke bowl by dividing the cauliflower and rice into 4 bowls, top each with equal portions of tempeh, spiralised beetroot and cucumber, avocado then top with shredded nori.
- Add dressing and Dig IN!