There is so much gut-loving goodness in this salad with the cultures in the buttermilk (probiotics) and the healthy-gut-fuel in the raw spring onions + cabbage (prebiotics). Give your dinner meal a make over with this nutritious + delicious salad!
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions / eschallots, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot – skin left on, and spiralise or julienne
- 1 large under-ripe green pear, julienned
- ½ cup buttermilk or kefir
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- S+P to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Mix up the dressing in a small glass jar and give it a good shake to emulsify, season to taste.
- This is a salad you can dress ahead of time if you like – the cabbage withstands it! Enjoy