These are cookie-dough texture if you pop them in the fridge/freezer. Not the usual bliss ball, this one is oat-based with cacao nibs…oh and did we mention they make for the perfect energy hit before training?
Makes 20-24 balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 5 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 whole vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Dash fine-grain salt
- Using a high-powered blender, process oats until you get a coarse sand texture, a few whole oats are fine to create a bit more interest.
- Next add shredded coconut and vanilla – give blend it enough to combine.
- Now add the pitted dates, and add the water slowly, as the blender is going.
- Lastly fold the cacao nibs through your mixture
- Roll into balls, and either leave the balls as is, or roll them in cacao powder.
NOTE…If short on time, press the whole mixture into a baking tray and cut into scries after being refrigerated for an hour.