- 1 bunch kale
- 10-12 brussels sprouts
- 4-5 eschallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar OR white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- season to taste
- Using a sharp knife, de-stem the kale. Wash, and then chop the leaves. Once dry, sprinkle a little salt over the kale and use your hands to scrunch the kale. Do this for ~30 seconds, then transfer the kale to the salad bowl you’ll serve it in.
- Chop off and discard the end stem and any patchy outer leaves from your Brussels sprouts, then finely chop the sprouts, and add them to the kale. Next finely chop the eschallots, and add to the bowl. Lastly, add the thin orange slices.
- To make your dressing: add the tahini, vinegar, miso, maple syrup, water and hot sauce to a tightly-sealing glass jar, replace the lid and give it a good shake. Taste your dressing and add ingredients to get the taste to your liking.
- Dress the salad, and serve. Enjoy!