A spicy flavoursome falafel with extra green goodness and NO deep-frying required!
These high in protein, B vitamin-containing vegan falafels will become a staple in your household, we recommend making a double batch!
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 large red onion, diced
1 thumb size pc of turmeric, grated (or 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric)
1 thumb size pc of ginger, grated
1 good Tbsp. Clives of India curry powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups (400g) cooked chickpeas (best soaked 6-8hrs from dried and boiled for ~20min) or 2 x 400g tins chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
½ bunch coriander, finely chopped (stalks & all)
1 cup baby spinach
½ cup nutritional yeast (savoury yeast flakes)
Rock/herb salt & pepper to taste
Extra Virgin olive oil for pan frying
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a fry pan.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and allow to release flavours (1-2min).
- Remove from heat and place in a food processor. Add spinach, coriander and chickpeas then seasoning.
- Blend in a food processor until just combined (keep a few chunky bits in there if you like!)
- Place a tablespoon of mixture in your hand and form into a ball.
- Crank the fry pan back on medium-high heat with 1-2 tbsp. oil.
- Place the felafel (balls) in the fry pan and slightly press down.
- Grill until brown and a little crispy on both sides (~1min each side).