All chocolate is definitely NOT made equal. This simple recipe is packed with antioxidants, offers some sodium for sweaty workouts and sneaks in a little more protein than your typical Cadbury to ensure your everyday athlete needs are being met whilst still enjoying this superfuel snack! Boasting NO milk solids (i.e. crappy inflammatory long chain saturated fatty acids) mean this is also DAIRY FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE, GUTEN FREE and VEGAN.
300g cocoa butter
45g coconut oil
50g pure maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
100g raw cacao powder (or cocoa)
50g Amazonia Raw choc coconut protein powder
pinch sea salt
- Cut the cocoa butter into small pieces, drop into a saucepan and heat gently on low-medium until melted (you could also do this in the micro). Those with a Thermomix (TMX) can heat on 100°C for 2-3min speed 1-2.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla paste and stir on the heat until all blended.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the cacao and protein powder and as much salt as you your taste lends to!
- Blend on high speed (TMX speed 8-9 for 30-45sec), scraping down the sides until a rick dark liquid starts to form and all powders are mixed in well.
- Dip a bit on your finger just to test the flavours and readjust the salt or maple syrup if you need.
- Grab a mini muffin silicon mould or you could line a metal mini muffin tray with small cupcake papers.
- Pour your liquid goodness into individual moulds then top with walnuts or raspberries.
- Place in the freezer to set for 30min.
- Turn the chocolates out and keep in a container in the fridge up to 1 week.